The International Network on Personal Meaning (INPM) is pleased to announce the 7th Biennial International Meaning Conference to be held July 26-29, 2012 in Toronto, Canada. The main conference theme is: A Positive Global Vision of Healing and Flourishing through Meaning.
In today’s climate of global economic uncertainty, geopolitical conflicts, ecological crisis, and the widening gap between haves and have-nots, the meaning perspective offers a promising vision to resolve these challenging global issues and achieve sustainable growth for both individuals and society.
The conference will highlight the role of meaning in well-being, flourishing, character strengths, resilience, post-traumatic growth, spirituality, psychotherapy, healing, recovery, and positive organizations. It will emphasize both cutting edge research and the application of research findings to meaningful living.
We will host a number of summits involving the most creative minds and best known experts to explore new frontiers and find new solutions. We believe that the meaning-mindset offers an alternative global vision for developing healthy communities and living rewarding lives. The pre-conference professional workshops will cover the latest developments in counselling and psychotherapy.
The conference will place a premium on providing delegates with opportunities for interactions with participants from different theoretical camps and cultures. Through cross-fertilization, integration and networking, we hope that we can find new pathways to make life better for all.
In order to make this conference more accessible, we will offer the option of Virtual Attendance through online conferencing.
CEU credits will be available to psychologists and counsellors.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Christopher Peterson, PhD – Meaning and Mattering: Perspectives from Positive Psychology
- Laura King, PhD – Noticing Meaning in Everyday Life: Pleasure, Intuition, and Magic
- Robert Neimeyer, PhD – Mourning and Meaning: The Narrative Arc of Traumatic Loss
- Jordan Peterson, PhD – Redemption and Psychology in Christianity
- Mark Kingwell, PhD – Happiness and the Art of Play
- Todd Kashdan, PhD – The Science of Spirituality: Essential and Impossible
- Salvatore Maddi, PhD – Hardiness Protects Against Internet Addiction and Excessive
- Emmy van Deurzen, PhD – The Meaning of Suffering: Emotional Life and our Reasons for Being
- George Bonanno, PhD – Trauma, Flexibility, and Meaning
- Alan Waterman, PhD – Identity and Meaning: Contrasts of Existentialist and Essentialist Perspectives
- Paul T.P. Wong, PhD – The Meaning-Mindset as the Foundation for Healing and Flourishing
- Richard Ryan, PhD– Self-determination Theory and Eudaimonic Living: Research on Basic Psychological Needs for Wellness and Meaning